Ogun State Governor Senator Ibikunle Amosun has appointed an Igbo man Mr. Ofor Emmanuel Ndimele as a permanent secretary to be posted to head a ministry.
Amosun who defended the appointment through one of his aid Ogunponla Damilola said a background check was carried on his personality and found to merit the office despite some forces working against his appointment. He further said Mr Ofor is a disciplined,principled and committed being and no tribal or ethnic sentiment will blindfold the Governor from appointing him based on merit.
It is a usual style of governance in Nigeria not to appoint a non indigent into the apex position in civil service. This singular deed of the Governor according to Facebook survey has earned him more respect. Others who were appointed are;
1. Mrs. Odumusi Bettey Olubunmi
2. Mr. Agbaje Babatunde Aina
3. Mrs. Ajayi Funmi Mofoluke
4. Mr. Adewunmi Olayiwola Matthew
5. Mrs. Dosunmu Titilayo Olubodunrin
6. Engr. Onajobi Jonathan Olukunle
7. Engr. Adelana Ademola Oluwole
8. Mr. Olatoye Julius Olufemi
9. Engr. Bakare Adeoye Tunde
10. Mr. Ipinniwa Steve Olusegun
11. Mrs. Gbadamosi Muibat Abiola
12. Mr. Rasheed Sefiu Aremu
13. Mr. Osolase Afeez